Saturday, October 6, 2007

Why Do White Men Hate the Democrats? Maybe My New Amazon Purchase Knows

I just ordered it half hour ago:

"The Neglected Voter: White Men and the Democratic Dilemma"
David Paul Kuhn


I first got piqued a few days ago when I read Kuhn's article in the Politico. An exerpt from the book, it talks about how we liberals might be leaving the white man behind in our struggle. Naturally I felt different thoughts like "can't wait till their the minority" but also "where have we failed so?"

My thoughts are that the sane answer is a mixed one. Yes, there is the bigoted white male brain, but also other reasons that might warrant more empathy from us. And perhaps more things given. After all, liberals are for the common good, yes?

So I look forward to the 7 days that it ususally takes Amazon to reach my door. I'll be resting and mind-wandering in the meantime.

No comments: