The following eight guiding principles underlie our call to action.
In order to achieve full civil rights now, we avow:
1. Full civil rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals must be enacted now. Delay and excuses are no longer acceptable.
2. We will not leave any part of our community behind.
3. Separate is never equal.
4. Religious beliefs are not a basis upon which to affirm or deny civil rights.
5. The establishment and guardianship of full civil rights is a non-partisan issue.
6. Individual involvement and grassroots action are paramount to success and must be encouraged.
7. Success is measured by the civil rights we all achieve, not by words, access or money raised.
8. Those who seek our support are expected to commit to these principles.
For those who saw principle 2, "leaving no one behind" is meant to include transgender people, but great minds out there also want us to remember:...
GLBT people of color, GLBTs with disabilities, GLBTs who are HIV positive, elderly GLBTs, GLBTs in rural areas with religious conservatives who rule local government, GLBTs in gay-bashing neighborhoods, GLBT minors who are dependent on their anti-gay parents, GLBTs who are happily UNmarried or single, GLBTs in non-Western and possibly (not necessarilly) more anti-gay cultures and families, any GLBT who might be facing pressure from family or friends to go to pathological ex-gay conversion