Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Presidential Forum on Gay and Transgender Issues

Just got through a historic moment. The Democratic candidates, except Dodd and Biden, came to speak about issues important to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.

I want to vouch for Biden and Dodd, and don't want anyone to assume that their absence means their not on our side.

Here's the forum.

Hopefully I'll have some comments later, but for now I'll add that beef was had with Bill Richardson saying (probably without thinking) that being gay was a choice. He said it after being asked by Melissa Ethridge "do you think homosexuality is a choice?". I think that question, which never will go away, is irrelevant to gay people's civil rights. But some beef was had in the after forum interviews by Chuck Wolf of Victory Fund and the forum moderator.

See it and judge for yourself

New Notes (an hour and half later):
I 'm feeling that I'd vote for Kucinich and have Mike Grivel as VP.

What are primaries for?

No comments: