Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Former president of NARAL writes that we SHOULD demand that judges reveal their views

During the past nominations of Roberts and Alito, I read and discussed with others about what was and was not fair to ask a judicial nominee in front of the camera. People who knew my advocacy knew that I preferred a pro-choice, pro-gay, liberal-supporting judge (or someone who came close enough). But I did not and do not want to violate a process that would require that the judge not be chosen according to their views, hence making the judge-selection process a less impartial one.

The former president of NARAL, the reproductive and abortion rights group, questions this "no-litmus-test" philosophy. I think she has some good points.

What do you think? Read her words, think, and leave comments now or later...unless your still thinking.

No comments: