Sunday, December 2, 2007

Heating Up: I Participate on a Blog Debate on Abortion

The debate, on RHReality, is really heating up.

This takes place on a blog called RHReality, which is all about reproductive choice, and the thousands of issues involved. Specifically the debate I talk of begins with Amie Newman's post, called Abortion in the Republican YouTube Debate. I haven't read the article yet, but probably will after I write this. Basically, my main interest was in the long string of comments that come afterward which compose a very spirited debate on whether a woman should be given jail time for getting an abortion. After all, if abortion is murder, is not a woman a murderer? There are plenty of civil-toned pro-life commentors who will not be rude.

Again, my screenname on the site is Harry834. I do not work for them; I am only a fan. My two, but now many, comments will be towards the bottom, but the entire line of comments by pro-choicers and pro-lifers will be worth reading.


Reminder: People are more than black-and-white labels like "pro-choice" and "pro-life". While I think these labels apply perfectly well to several of these commentors, and definitely to myself, I understand that not everyone with an opinion on abortion can be classified by the dichotomous labels. That said, I'm proud to be pro-choice, and respect those who are not.

No comments: